Let me already clear this to you that, Affcelerator reviews is neither paid nor biased towards anyone. Neither this is to defame anyone nor to praise but truly my own feelings & my own views about the Affcelerator workshop by CharlesNGO, which I attended in the month of Sep. 2016 in Singapore.
I know why you have hopped onto this post as I can feel what is going on in your mind as I was also looking for Affcelerator workshop reviews unless I attended it & to be frank I did not get any review of the workshop apart from his own videos & stuff which he has promoted on his blog & website as well as forums. And why not, USD 10K is a hefty amount which anyone will think a hundred times before spending money so did I as I really wanted to check what the heck is so special for USD 10K. I was real unsure whether I will attend the workshop though I had booked my ticket as you could cancel it if you were unable to come.
Despite getting any real reviews I made up my mind to attend the workshop AFFCELRATOR. I wanted to check what I would get from there & also made up my mind at the worst it would be all in vain.
So let’s start digging into what is the workshop all about & my views in addition to some other people’s view who I talked to, at the event.
About CharlesNGO: CharlesNGO, a boy aged 30+ with 5.2 feet height (approx) is a nice chap to talk to and is very intelligent of-course who is undoubtedly is one of the popular personalities when it comes to affiliate marketing. He is really knowledgeable & is best in what he is doing.
Coming back to workshop, the workshop was held at a nice five star hotel called The Fullerton Hotel Singapore, which is just near to the marina bay area.
There were around 25 to 30 students including me who attended the workshop. Most of the people were from ASIA (Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonasia, India etc.) & few 1 was from US, 1 was from Aus, 1 was from Morocco as well.
Day 1 of Workshop
Day 1 all started with a small introduction of everyone & he his basics of what he shares prior to the attending workshop which is very basic & he also has shared in his blog as well. He talks about:
- Chinese style or building relationships (offering someone something (in terms of gift etc.) in return of benefits to you, to strengthen relationship as well)
- Traffic Sources & verticals which I guess everyone knows about however he focused only on Native & Facebook
- Finding offers using Spy tools such as adplexity, MObilescout.com etc. these are paid tools which give you detailed information as where is the offer running, where it has been picked from etc. read on spy tools.
- What sort of images/ads should be used. Samples of images shown. How to get images which work
- Angles (an exercise on various angles & approach to the same)
- Landing pages [hyper localization of landing page]
- Creating text ads
- Tracking [Voluum]
- Basics of cloaking
My Take on day 1: He showed a systemised approach towards a campaign. What a landing page should look like what all types are there, what an image should be like, what keywords should be used in text ads in order to bring higher CTR. I only liked the systemised approach but not the content as it is available for free or you can get yourself using your research. All that stuff is already available on his blog & I already knew it so there was nothing specific or extraordinary on day 1 & I felt like I lost my money on the very first day but was in hope to recover some on days to come.
Day 2 of Workshop
Day 2 was the optimization process which everyone in blog talks about & I have read talking about; it was again nothing special about the optimization process.
- He talks about facebook as traffic source which is the key to success however at the cost of getting your account banned as offers which run on Facebook & make you money are run using cloaking because type of offers you run are not allowed to promote on FB so you have to have multiple FB accounts created & multiple credit cards as well as multiple VPS/VPN in order to make it. So that becomes a separate business altogether of managing all that stuff. Get your account up & running & then get it banned by running ads which are not allowed at all. Even if you manage that you are not sure whether it will work or not. You want to focus your energy on something else rather than doing all that stuff. All this was new to me however it is also available on various forums wherein people are doing such stuff of selling/buying FB account.
- He talks about FB targeting as how to do it. This was OK for me as it was nothing very extraordinary.
- He talks about look alike FB audience which was new to me.
- Talks about What works on FB.
My take on Day 2: I would say it was better than the day 1 however I was not satisfied at all because of the amount I paid for the stuff. Some things were new to me on day 2 but was not any extraordinary as claimed.
Day 3 of Workshop
Finally the day 3 had come & I was expecting something which would satisfactory as I had spent USD 10K. On day 3 he talks about.
- Mobile marketing as what is working & what not which is already available on his blog for free
- Types of mobile traffic [nothing great]
- Advanced Cloaking [this was something really good]. I will explain this in one of my blog posts.
- Employess & teams
- Some case studies from students from past events [all were his Chinese friends]
- Some hacks of traffic sources
- Dropshipping on aliexpress [available on one of the blogs of shopify so nothing great about that]
- Campaign session (hot seat), people shared their campaigns & asked for help to scale. [did not see much coming on the same]
- Shared some scripts used on Landing pages [it was good]
My take on Day 3: I would say it was better than the day 2 and I realized some amount has been recovered.
The workshop I would say was good however it is not if you compare with the costing of the workshop it was not worth it. He did not share a single campaign he runs and how does he run it. If you are paying so hefty amount I guess you have the right to have such information which will really seem genuine. He only shared some screen grabs etc. but not on live screen. Screen shots could easily be played with. I am not saying whatever he shared will work or not but after paying so much amount you have somewhat separate expectations. He only shared the systematic approach with some hacks however I was really not satisfied with the information as compared to the costing.
Who it is good for?
- Absolute NO for a complete newbie.
- People who have basic idea of affiliate marketing and want to cover much in less time
- This is not for experts at all, they will feel dissatisfied [like me 🙁]
- NO for people who are looking for something instant profitable or a magic stick.
- You have extra money to spend & you are not bothered
MY RECOMMENDATION on AFFCELERATOR
I would not recommend this workshop at such high cost at all. This should not be more than USD 2000 to USD 2500. If that was the price it was real good.
If you however are looking to attend the workshop let me know, I will get you some discount which will get me some commission and discount to youJ.
You can contact me at my skype: dheeraj [dot] soni19 if you need any help or want to speak to me in person.
DISCLAIMER: There is nothing biased or against or anything personal but my own views solely.