Are you looking to use SEMrush services or interested in reading SEMRush review, then this post is for you.
If you are a blogger or a website owner or a company owner or an agency, then you may be managing the SEO/SEM activities of your website. In order to give wings to your SEO/SEM strategy you may need some tools which can track as well as provide some other insights which may be helpful in your SEO strategy. Luckily there are such tools available in the market and I am talking about SEMRush tool which is by far the best tool in the industry available.
Suggested Read - Search Engine Optimization
If you don’t know what SEMRush is all abut then please go through the post below. Let’s explore more about SEMRush.
What is SEMRush?
SEMRush is a tool which is an all-in-one digital marketing software application developed to provide Search Engine marketers and online businesses with competitive data to take informed marketing and business decisions. The tool has been designed for online marketers in order to provide reports & information to help SEM and SEO services, interactive agencies, consultants, SMEs, Bloggers like
us and large companies rank and maintain their websites on search engines such as Google as well as Bing. See below SEMRush’s dashboard.
SEMRUSH is one of the most popular SEO/SEM tools or in other words competitive analysis tool. If you are looking for an SEO tool or an SEM (Search Engine Marketing – Paid advertising) tool then SemRush is the the best tool available in the market. This post of mine is about SEMRush Review as I have also been using this tool for a long time now so I thought of writing a review of SEMRush.com. This tool lets you do (for any website):
- Keyword Analysis
- Track keywords ranking
- Check Back links
- Competitive Analysis
- Check Competitor’s ranking
- Check competitor’s SEM (adwords strategy)
- Display strategy
- Link Building Strategy
- SEO Audit of your website or Blog
SEMRush has more than 300 million keywords and 400 million domains worldwide. So you can imagine the amount of information SEMRush company has.
Features of SEMRush
SEMRush’s features have been majorly categorized into six parts where in you can check various sort of information as under:
- OverView: This section displays a complete overview or a snapshot of the overall website metrices such as Organic Search, Paid search, Backlinks, display advertising, organic keywords, paid keywords etc. which upon clicking on any of the link gives a details information of that particular part. E.g. clicking on organic search gives details information of organic keywords performance.
- Organic Research: This shows organic keywords ranking along with there competition metric etc.
- Backlinks: Gives detailed information on backlinks as where the backlinks are coming from & what page is the backlink is linking to.
- Advertising Research: Paid activity of the domain searched such as ads, keywords, etc.
- PLA Research: shows product listing ads information.
- Video Advertising: whether the advertiser is doing any video advertising or not. If yes, what all places and what ad formats etc.
- Display Advertising: whether the advertiser is doing any display advertising or not. If yes, what all places and what ad formats etc.
- Traffic Analytics: shows google analytics sort of reports.
- Ranks: this is not the part of domain analytics however it shows the overall ranking of websites across web.
- Domain Vs Domain: this gives a comparative analysis of a domain vs another domain.
- Overview: this shows an overall picture or snapshot of various keywords related data such as search volume, CPC value country wise, trend of keywords search volume etc.
- Phrase Match: This shows all phrase match keywords related to the keyword you searched for. If you searched ebay it will show you ebay India, Ebay US etc.
- Related Keywords: related keywords to the keyword you typed in.
- Ads History: how the ad in ad words performed in google (their positions monthwise)
this section is for mainly agencies who have multiple clients to handle and they want to track various things such as keywords ranking etc.
SEO Content Template
This is a content template which lists out the things which should be in your content such length of the content, keyword density etc.
Lead Generation Tool
Who can Use SEMRush?
SEMRush has been designed & developed keeping in view multiple purposes and various people. This tool is for you if you are:
- Business owner/ Website Owner: if you are a business owner/website owner then this tool is just perfect for you as you don’t have to know the technicalities of SEO or PPC and all the work is done by the SEMRush tool.
- A Blogger: if you are a blogger then you would like to track the performance of your blog as where it is appearing on various keywords. In addition you would like to know how your competitors are performing and what keywords they are ranking well on so you can imitate the success of your competitors by knowing what they are doing by doing a gap analysis.
- An SEM Agency: so you have many clients to manage SEO projects, then SEMRush is the perfect choice for you as you can have multiple project running based on the pricing plan.
- Digital Marketers: if you are a digital marketer, you can run various reports wherein you can check & analyze competition, do market research. You can get a free SEO audit report of your website or you can check how the market is behaving. You can keep yourself updated with the new trends in the market as well as you can do a search marketing research as what keywords are being bid on most & the cost of the keywords etc. Basically you can perform any sort of research & analyse with regards to SEO or SEM.
- PPC Specialists: if you are a PPC manager then this tool is really very helpful for you. You can actually spy on campaigns by your competitors. You can modify or can imitate strategies from your competitors. You can do a keyword research analysis as well which will be best for your campaigns. Using the PPC keyword tool you can draw the framework of you Google ad words campaigns. You can track positioning of your keywords as well as the tool has the function of removing the duplicate within the campaign. All this is done within SEMRush so you don’t have to do the manual work in sheets.
- PR Specialist: PR managers can stay updated with latest trends in the market related to a brand. They can set the keywords under brand monitoring tool which will show latest news from various sources as & when it appears (just like google news alert).
- Content Specialists: SEMRush’s keyword research tools can be used to generate blog post ideas as well as blog topics. Content marketing people, Bloggers & content writers all can used this feature & take advantage of the tool. You can check & analyze a blog’s or website’s backlinks in order to in order to research content which has a backlink in your market or in your niche.
Why SEMRush – What are Benefits of Using SEMRush?
It would be needless to say why not to use SEMRush as you have seen all features they provide & the kind of the data they provide is really detailed & priceless if you really are serious about SEO/SEM for your business or blog or your company or your clients then there is no alternative to SEMRush. Some of the benefits clearly visible are:
- Detailed backlink analysis
- Detailed keyword analysis
- Proactively developed
- Easy to Use
- Well in budgets (starting USD 99 a month)
- Functionalities that many other softwares don’t provide such as brand monitoring, Video Advertising, Display advertising, etc.
- PPC campaigns can be managed with in SEMRush
- Cuts a lot of manual or sheet work
- Free 14 days trial with limited features
- Project management
- Active support
- Secured Data