Are you looking to setup wordpress blog? I know the pain points of the same specially if you do not have any technical knowledge. However you dont need to worry as you can set up WordPress Blog without any need of much technical knowledge. I had written a post earlier on the same though however I will be detailing out on the same. I would suggest you to go through the post below as you can compare WordPress with BlogSpot.
- Suggested Read – WordPress Vs BlogSpot Comparison
It also details out on setting up WordPress blog with or without domain. I will be detailing out more on setting up WordPress blog with a domain.
Lets have a look at step by step guide on setting up WordPress Blog with or without a domain.
Setting up WordPress Blog without a Domain
1. Sign up with wordpress.com [follow link]
2. Select Any of the layouts
3. Select the theme (you can change it at later stage)
4. Enter the name of your blog & Select Free Option
5. Pick the free plan
7. Enter email & username/Password & click create My Account button
8. An email will be sent to your email ID for verification
9. Click on the link on your email to verify your email
10 . Login to WordPress.com & Click on Blog Posts (Add Button) on the right hand side.
You are done with a WordPress blog Setup without a domain.
Setting up WordPress Blog with a Domain
If you looking to set up a blog with a domain then you need to have below in place.
- A Domain Name: you can buy domain from Godaddy
- Web Hosting: you can buy web hosting from Godaddy or Bluehost
Once you have above things in place then you just need to follow the steps below. The hosting panels have in built support for WordPress so you dont need to do much of efforts.
WordPress Setup For Godaddy
You can buy hosting+domain for around USD 20 from Godaddy.com. https://in.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting
- Once you have purchased domain + hosting from Godaddy you just sign in to your account & follow the link below for steps further.
- Follow the link for further action
WordPress Setup For BlueHost
You can buy hosting + domains from Bluehost.com as well at around USD 20 per month.